Healing Arts Circle
Swarm Artist Residency introduces a new Healing Circle for this year’s 2017 retreat. The healing circle is a dedicated space for healers to offer sliding-scale services to our residents, amplifying the healing and growth that takes place at Swarm every year.
What is the healing circle?
Swarm seeks twelve healers who would benefit from a retreat at Swarm Artist Residency for up to one week in July (dates flexible) free of cost and who feel called to offer sliding-scale services to a community of artists, including people of color, LGBTQ- identified people, and/or members of underserved populations. In exchange for meals and free stay, healers will offer their services to residents on an individual or group basis and share their craft with the Swarm community through a master class, workshop, or production.
Healers of all kinds are welcome to apply, including but not limited to:
- Yoga and Tai Chi instructors
- Reiki / Energy Workers
- Intuitive and Psychic Healers
- Tarot Readers
- Herbal & Nutrition-based healing
- Massage and Body Workers
- Music, art and dance therapies
- Meditation and spiritual instructors
…..And more are all encouraged to apply!
Resident Healers Will Receive:
- A place of nourishment, care, and retreat
- Free reserved lodgings at Swarm's retreat location within 200 miles of Chicago
- Free breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Transportation support (via carpool coordination or public transit support)
- Reserved meeting space
- Opportunity to receive feedback on new work production through our vibrant artistic community
Resident Healers Will Provide:
- Sliding-scale services on an individual or group basis
- Share their craft with the community through a master class, workshop, or production
- Support for community upkeep and wellness (hospitality) alongside all other Swarm participants
- Access for Swarm participants to witness your work
- At least one blog post on the experience of being a healer-in-residence at Swarm.
As healthy gardens thrive from the planting of a wide range of seeds, Swarm depends on the richness, depth, and diversity of its community. Healers of color, queer, gender-expansive, and other healers working in non-dominant spaces are strongly encouraged to apply.